I was talking to my angels the other day and doing an exercise about my past. Essential they asked me during my discussion with them, if I had the choice to go back into my own timeline and start over again, and keep all the wisdom I have now, so I could change my current life, what would be the point in time I would go back to?
And so I started thinking about pivotal times in my life – moments that changed the course of my life, which started at age 4 and moved all the way to just a few years ago. And while I first thought about going back to childhood, I quickly removed that option – as I didn’t want to repeat all the nonsense I learned in school all over again. Of course, I’d know most of the answers, so I’d probably be deemed a genius. But many parts of my childhood was rough for me in many ways and dealing with all the crap I had surrounding me was not appealing – at all. Of course, other parts were great.
And so after much discussion, exploration and lots of thinking—I decided, no I didn’t want to go back and ‘fix’ anything because so much was already broken around me and I didn’t want to deal with that stuff I would have to deal with as a result of going back in time.
But I did appreciate this exercise. Why don’t you try it yourself sometime? See at what point you’d try to change your future, with the wisdom and knowledge you have in the present, but keep all the drama that may have surrounded you then.
Could you have changed your past to make a better future? In some ways, yes and other ways no. Would you have? Should you have?
Who you are today is a reflection of your past –whether you are years young or years old or somewhere in between.
At any time, you can choose to change your future – by creating your world now. You can stay in your past and let it define you, or you can choose what parts of your past you wouldn’t be able to change anyways and so you might as well accept it—and move on. You are who you are because of it.
How do you want your tomorrow to be? You may not be able to change or even want to change you past, but your tomorrow starts with today. Make it a great one!
Would You Like a Do-Over?
The other day I posted about an exercise I had with my angels about my past. After the exercise, when I realized I didn’t really want to literally go back in time and change my past as a result of dealing with other things in my life I didn’t want to deal with and that would remain the same – I realized with the help of my Divine Guidance Team that I didn’t need to go literally back in time – but I could do so in my mind – fix my issues – and maybe gain some clarity about my current life.
Having clarity in one’s life is always helpful for present day answers to present and past day questions.
So how do you do a Do-Over? Here’s some steps to get you started:
- First, relax…you can do this exercise while lying down or sitting up; first thing in the morning or last thing at night. If you fall asleep, it’s OK—your dreams that night may also give you clarity.
- Second, go back in your mind to a point where life ‘changed’ for you – or where you would like to make life better for your future. This point can be anywhere in your life. In fact, you may have several points that were turning points for you, but right now just choose one time in your life, from which you want to have a different outcome.
- Start remember some of the details of that time – this could be painful to you. But know this is in the past. Ask your angels to help you ease the pain surrounding this time, as needed. Cry and get angry if you must, be in a moment you will be changing this outcome so don’t allow yourself to become so overwrought with emotion that you can’t do this exercise!
- Bring your angels in to help you heal your wounds of the past. Ask Archangel Michael to cut the karmic and ethereal cords of this situation that no longer serve you. Ask Archangel Raphael to heal the broken spirit and heart that lies within. Let the angels in so they can do their work to help you. Open your heart to them.
- Now that you remember how the bad or turning point situation went, start manipulating the situation towards the outcome you would have like to have happened. You do this with your imagination. Take as much time as you need to imagine how you want it to be not as it was. Here you can turn things around in your favor. Be as vivid and detailed with the event as possible. Bring in your sense of smell, touch and taste as needed to create a living motion picture in your mind’s eye. Take your time and move through the scene knowing you are in charge of the situation. You are the victor, not the victim. Breathe deeply and square back your shoulders if you are able. This moves the energy towards strength within your body as well as within your emotions.
- Continue picturing the event or situation as you wish it to have been. No longer should you focus on what was, but instead focus on only what you want it to be. Enjoy the scene as much as possible. Feel the emotions of courage, strength and love within yourself and others as the scene moves forward.
- Wrap up the scene in your mind’s eye with a positive and productive outcome. Just before you come back to the present moment, ask the angels to enforce the healing of the situation of what was and put into effect this new scenario for you. Ask Archangel Raphael to heal your wounds and ask Archangel Michael to cut the cords of the negative past and provide you strength as you move forward today with this your new, positive outcome.
- Come out of your meditation exercise with gratitude and appreciation for the angels’ help and your own courage and strength to move through this process. If you fell asleep, then do your thank you the next morning when you remember to do so.
In the days following this healing exercise, remember to enforce the new experience that now replaces the old. Ignore the old and only focus on the new, with love and appreciation.
Don’t be surprised if those who may have been present during the past times you looked at, begin to act more kindly to you. This exercise, which psychologists call re-patterning, can be a powerful spiritual tool and has been used for many a century to change the outcomes of many a life. The energy attached to this type of exercise is powerful and can change your present on the physical level, which of course is helpful to you, both on the physical, emotional and spiritual levels.
Allow about a week, before trying this exercise again for any other turning points you want to change from your past.
Permit yourself to who you desire to be as you continue to move forward in your life. Ask your angels for help along your life’s path. They are very happy to do so, for this is their joy and purpose.
Can you do a Do-Over for a better outcome? The answer is yes. Yes, you can.
With Love and Light Always,
Blake Cahoon, Spiritual Writer/Teacher/Channel
The Angelic Path
Like us on Facebook!
Author of “Connecting with Angels: Communicating with God’s Messengers” and “Celestial Wisdom: Messages from the Divine Guidance Team” available @ Amazon.com, B&N or our Web Store.
Learn more about the angelic and ascended realms–Sign up for our weekly Blogs, Angel Messages and Newsletters!